• Rocky Mountain House 403.845.4880 or info(at)rockymotorvehicles.ca

NOTICE: Rocky Motor Vehicle is operating as business as usual, so no appointments are necessary. Please wear a mask.

Vital Statistics

  • Marriage Licenses
  • Marriage Certificates
  • Birth Certificates
  • Death Certificates
  • Legal Name Change

To order a certificate you will need to provide valid photo identification in our office.

Identification can be:

  • Operator’s Licence
  • Status Card
  • Passport
  • Canadian Citizenship Card

If you unable to provide one of these, another option would be to bring in someone that knows you for more than two years that has valid photo ID can order it with you.

Birth Certificate Form Link: http://www.servicealberta.ca/pdf/Forms/REG3023.pdf or

If you are currently out of Province and need to order your Alberta Birth Certificate:

Other Forms and Information are available at: http://www.servicealberta.ca/1158.cfm

Contacts For Out-Of-Province Vital Statistics Agencies are available at:

Marriage Licences

Marriage Licences are available from the registry agent network in Alberta. A Marriage Licence shows that you meet the requirements to get married in Alberta and gives you the legal right to get married any time within three months from the date the licence was issued.

Marriage Licence Requirements

To get a marriage licence in Alberta, you must meet the following requirements:

  • You must be at least 18 years old
  • You must show acceptable photo identification such as a passport, treaty status card, Canadian citizenship card or driver's licence
  • Both parties must provide their parents' full names and birth places
  • (Correct Spelling of Names, Town or City of Birth, as well as, Province or Country of Birth)
  • You cannot be related to the person you wish to marry by whole blood, half blood or adoption (for example, you may not marry your grandparent, parent, grandchild, child or sibling)
  • You must be currently unmarried
  • If you are divorced, you must present proof the divorce is final such as a Certificate of Divorce or a Decree Absolute
  • You must have your wedding in Alberta, however you do not have to be an Alberta resident to get married in Alberta
  • You must be free of the influence of drugs and alcohol when you apply for a Marriage Licence (and when you participate in the wedding ceremony)
  • Both parties to the marriage must apply together for their marriage licence

Additional requirements for special circumstances:

  • Both parties to the marriage must speak English (Note: If they do not, it is their responsibility to provide an interpreter who is over 18 years old and is fluent in both English and the language requiring translation. If the registry agent issuing the Marriage Licence is fluent in the other language, then that registry agent may proceed as the interpreter for issuing the Marriage Licence. The couple applying for a licence cannot translate for each other.)
  • If either party is deaf, a sign language interpreter may be required
  • If either party is mentally challenged and a trustee or guardian has been appointed, proof that their trustee or guardian has been informed of the upcoming marriage is required
  • Blood tests are not required

For document translation services please click the following link to be direct to Languages in Motion:
Click Here

© 2024 Rocky Motor Vehicles | Website by EDGE Marketing & Design Inc.